Friday, May 14, 2010

Morning

The first of my 3 alarms goes off at about 5:15am. I have to wake the first of my three kids so that he will make his school bus. I am sure that my 96 year old mother-in-law moves with more ease and grace than I do. I can't imagine anything could be more glamorous than the sight of me trying to roll and hoist myself off the bed in the morning.
Ah dear fibrotastic friends, don't you love the term 'stiffness'? Stiff-ness - the state of being stiff. If you are like me, you probably find that term comically inadequate when trying to describe the kind of near rigamortis that can settle into your limbs and joints. Is it possible that our muscles, tendons and ligaments simply contract and seize up during the night, and then somehow quickly petrify themselves? I would gladly have massaged my thighs, knees, shins, calves and feet so that I could maneuver my body off the bed with greater ease- if only my upper body, neck, back, shoulders, arms and hands, were not also completely seized up. So there I am, a wooden beached whale - unable to move, and wondering if there is a pill somewhere in my drawer of prescription bottles, that will help me get rid of the 'stiffness' and get on with my day. Now, if only I could roll over and get out of the bed to look....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleeeeeep