Friday, May 21, 2010

I Love My Sister - She is Fibrotastic!

Today my sister I were emailing back and forth - both of us having pretty bad fibro flare days this week. I asked her what she was going to do about her fibro-fabulous life -here is her reply -
"I'm going to do what I've been doing the last 20 yrs lol! About the same as you! Do what I can do. Rest when I have to. And deal with and treat the pain the best I can! Try to get my stress under control.  And try not to complain too much lol! Try to eat, and and live the best life I can in spite of it! Find joy where I can in life! From my friends and family! My furry children! And be grateful for all I have! Fake it in other words lol! And be there for my best sissy to love, help and support her anyway I can!"

My sister and I both have fibromyalgia. She is cursed with far more migraines than I - so I think she has it much worse than I do. I love my sister - and on most days, both she and I keep a 'look at the bright side of life' kind of attitude about things. When things get really really bad, we are there to listen to one another. I know how lucky I am to have someone who really truly understands what I mean when I say that the trucks got me last night - or that I have fallen and I can't get up.

Thanks Sister. You keep me laughing -- and I always want to be strong to be there for you when the trucks get you. I hope you have more good days than bad very soon.
Love and gentle hugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sleeeeeep